Loss Prevention Specialist
Position Summary: YES! Communities, operator of residential properties located in seventeen states and headquartered in Denver, is seeking a dedicated Loss Prevention Specialist to become part of a dynamic, winning team. The Loss Prevention Specialist ensures reasonable compliance with applicable federal and state laws, as well as company standards and procedures. Primary responsibilities include identifying and assessing compliance and operational risks and opportunities, assisting to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities, particularly with the handling of payments. Investigating, reporting and working closely with law enforcement when theft has occurred. Serving as a key resource in implementing standards, procedure and practices.
- Conduct community quality reviews for operational compliance
- Conduct one-on-one training with communities during quality reviews
- Partner with functional areas to determine the root cause of knowledge gaps and assist in the closure of those gaps with Home Office, Regional and Divisional team members
- Participate in the ongoing development and/or facilitation of operations training for employees.
- Review marketing collateral, postings, licenses and documents for compliance.
- Create reporting formats and report quality review findings in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow-up on all open issues to ensure the action plans are implemented in the most timely and effective manner.
- Conduct one-on-one training with new community management and/or team members at a community with recent transition on a short-term basis
- Analyze community performance on company systems and reports for identification of knowledge gaps
- Assist in the research and assembly of the details of any monetary losses to press charges through the legal system. Work with local police to provide sufficient documentation and material to aid with charges.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with all functional areas and levels of management by continuously acting as a partner or resource to the them
- Participate and/or assist with change management activities needed to communicate and implement new or changed regulations on standards, procedures and processes.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Duties subject to change, as deemed appropriate by Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, independent and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate the YES! Attitude
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office software products
- Position requires approximately 50% travel
- Prior experience in law enforcement, loss prevention or quality assurance is required
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, vision and PTO
- Life insurance and 401K
- Unique, dynamic environment
YES Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer