IT Operations Manager
Your role at YES!
The Information Technology Department is seeking an IT Operations Manager to lead the IT operations function inclusive of security, networking, telecommunications, system administration and integrations, desktop support, provisioning of hardware and software, licensing, etc. This includes direct oversight of the vendors that provide these services as well as hands on assistance with these activities. This position will be expected to organize, lead, participate in, and complete projects that involve IT operations functions. They are expected to bring a proactive approach in serving our communities to find out how we can best support them. YES! Communities has built a reputation as being at the forefront of real estate technology, and this position will be key in driving these projects forward.
* Oversee the outsourced IT Operations team, consisting of service desk analysts and system administrators, including hiring, professional development, and performance management.
* Analyze existing IT operations networks, hardware, telecommunication, and standard software functions; diagnose problems, identify opportunities for improvement; develop and recommend solutions to improve management processes systems and organization results and meet business requirements.
o Manage work efforts of vendors and third-party contractors to ensure optimum service and contractual commitments.
o Ensure standard operating procedures are maintained.
o Follow change management and communication protocols.
o Enforce security policies and standards.
o Ensure systems meet current and future requirements for performance, fault tolerance, reliability, scalability, and availability.
* Provide direct support and system administration on systems managed internally by Yes.
o Develop, implement, and maintain processes for service desk problem management across internal staff and vendors to provide high quality service to our communities.
o Perform Office365 and SharePoint configurations, inclusive of automation and workflows for activities not performed by partners.
o Identify opportunities to leverage existing investments that solve current issues and provide future opportunities.
* Implement and maintain necessary security measures to protect YES! assets.
o Maintain appropriate documentation, including PCI.
o Determine and rollout security standards.
o Identify, design, and implement additional security protections.
* Manage all hardware inventory, software licensing, and all necessary hardware refresh, and renewal processes.
* Automate system administration functions through integrations that will reduce operational costs and increase efficiencies, so that YES! can grow effectively while limiting cost increases.
* High degree of emotional intelligence & ability to facilitate, negotiate, influence, and build consensus in crucial conversations.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities at a dynamic work environment.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a balance to department efficiency and organizational service excellence.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate technical information effectively with external vendors, stakeholders, and employees of all levels throughout the organization.
o Demonstrated ability to facilitate discussions, build consensus, and negotiate successful outcomes.
o Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails.
* Demonstrated strengths in organization, attention to detail, follow-through, analytical reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated commitment to customer service, proactively communicate and response promptly to employee and organizational needs.
* Must be self-directed; able to work independently and as a team player.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area preferred or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in related area may be substituted in lieu of degree on a four-year basis.
* MSCE, MSITP, CCNA or other technical certification preferred.
* 8 years of experience in a similar role demonstrating:
o Experience with configuration, administration, and monitoring of Intel-based servers, operating systems, TCP/IP firewalls, and Ethernet switches, protocols, and standards required.
o Experience managing and administering Windows desktop environment required.
o Experience managing and administering telecommunication systems required.
o Experience supporting enterprise-level server based applications in a service desk or call center capacity.
* 5 years facilitating transformative business process changes.
* 5 years of experience directing efforts of third-party technology partners & IT service providers.
* Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Visio, Office Suite or equivalent tools.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows server family including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policy administration, IIS required.
* Intermediate experience within cloud environment such as AWS, Azure preferred.
* Basic proficiency in Single Sign-On, SAML/SCIM standards preferred.
* Basic proficiency in MS SQL Server required.
* Intermediate proficiency in maintaining server documentation, software configuration, and operating procedures required.
* Advanced proficiency with SharePoint and Office 365 administration preferred